Clamps Loosening Problem

Hi. I've have a little clamping problem that someone may have a solution.
I've got four Jorgenson standard fast acting clamps like the ones in the following link. http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?pD651&cat=1,43838,43850,44647&ap=1
All four of these clamps (some more than others) loosen up quite a bit over several hours (certainly less than a day).
I was wondering if there was some product that I could apply to the clamp threads that might decrease this slippage?
I know about Loctite and its various levels of formulation, but I'm not really sure that is the type of product I'm seeking. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?pD651&cat=1,43838,43850,44647&ap=1

I have had that problem and Jorgenson gave me the solution. I was extremely skeptical but I did what they told me to do and the problem went away.
"Thoroughly" wire brush the threads on the clamping screw.
You want the threads clean and dry, no lube. What makes them slip is tiny particles of dust that gets embedded in the bottoms of the threads, be that wood dust or rust dust.
On 6/9/2013 7:33 PM, Leon wrote:

That's good info.
I was going to suggest acetone, thinking it was lube, not the dust.
BTW if the op is using it to hold while chopping , the type of table matters too. I had used some hand screws and every time I hit the chisel they loosened. Turns out it was my old workbench, it was a solid core door and it was bouncing so much it caused it.
--
Jeff

"Leon" wrote in message wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?pD651&cat=1,43838,43850,44647&ap=1

I have had that problem and Jorgenson gave me the solution. I was extremely skeptical but I did what they told me to do and the problem went away.
"Thoroughly" wire brush the threads on the clamping screw.
You want the threads clean and dry, no lube. What makes them slip is tiny particles of dust that gets embedded in the bottoms of the threads, be that wood dust or rust dust.
Thanks Leon - have the same problem.
BobS

Thanks, I'll give that a try ~ after I locate my wire brush.
----------------------------------------------------------------- Mine was a wheel mounted on one side of my bench grinder.
Always knew where it was.
Lew
On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 17:13:35 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Then if you ever forget where it is, you'll know it's time to visit the Alzheimer's doctors.
I suspect you have the adjustable clamp to close to the wood and therefore the angle is shallow. You want more angle and distance from the wood allowing the screw to press the orange bar sideways and then the metal slices cut into the bar not slide.
I have used these in both flat bar and long pipe bars. The only problem I have had was using (what I could get) galvanized pipe - use black iron pipe for the proper clamps.
Martin

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?pD651&cat=1,43838,43850,44647&ap=1