Clamping... (1/1)

Page 1 of 3
I am making some displays for work, so I thought it was time to get some more clamps. I always wanted both really long and really short ones, so I picked up four more 12" GS, two 40's and two 80's. Having the right clamps around really helps.
http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/clamping2.jpg
It might be hard to figure out what is going on from the photo. The top and the sides are joined with a half lap and I used polyurathane glue. I needed to pull in all three axis to make the joint tight.
More photos as they progress this weekend...
David.
why didn't you just use your hand screw clamps? ;-)
BRuce
David F. Eisan wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Dear Butt Head,

Now you have gone and dunned it! Youse gone and broke the code! How dare you point out that I have a tool that would do the job when what I was looking to do was go buy more tools! Go sit on the M. Bench with BAD for 20 minutes and say three Hail Mary's!
Bad Bruce...
<tongue firmly in cheek for the humour impaired...>
David.
bite me. And yes, you are indeed "him"
David F. Eisan wrote: snip

troll
mordez-moi
dave
Lamont Cranston wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Dave, At worst you can be a dork, but this allows, we, to have great fun and exercise our great wit and knowledge; sometimes our cleverness and cuteness. Don't change because the 'wreck' would become far less interesting than it is. Kill you, no way, but torture you a bit ...... Hank
That's the spirit, Hank!
I often wonder about some of the fellas here with NO sense of humor. And there are those who sometimes display great wit and then, at the drop of a hat become loathsome and tedious. Bipolar, perhaps? I STILL can't figure out why some misguided folks insist I am a troll. I don't cross-post to start multi NG arguments; I DO ask ON TOPIC WW questions, and I don't change my screen name. Trolls do 1 and 3 and never do 2. Go figure!
dave
Henry St.Pierre wrote:

A bit? A BIT?
I'm thinking making him chew on tin foil whilst shaving his head with a cheese grater... Da NOIVE of some PEOPLE! djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:55:00 -0400, "Henry St.Pierre"

I agree, Hank. Besides, if we got rid of Dave we'd have to break in a new guy to play Whack-A-Mole with when things got boring.
It's the turnover that kills ya.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:45:57 -0400, Tom Watson

damn, i k.f.'ed him after his 2nd or 3rd post. am i missing out on some fun? whats whack-a-mole?
TomL
On 13 Oct 2003, TomL spake unto rec.woodworking:

    I think it's mashed up avocados.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:24:41 GMT, Scott Cramer

i'm gonna need a 2nd opinion on that........
TomL
On 13 Oct 2003, TomL spake unto rec.woodworking:

    I know it's spelled Guacamole, but some furriners pronounce in whack- a-mole. In some languages, the G is silent, like the P in swimming.
you wait near a mole hole, and as soon as a mole shows up, you whack it... pretty much what the name says...
irax.
with any luck, your wife doesn't read the wreck, so you will be safe. I will have to remember to hide the background when I am posting a "new tool gloat".
BRuce
David F. Eisan wrote:

--
---

BRuce

do you ever sneeze without reporting it to the Wreck??
David F. Eisan wrote:

What's the problem? Are you afraid he is eating up your bandwidth?
If he annoys you, plonk him. Scheeez!
--
Jim in NC

If I annoy YOU, plonk ME! Follow your own advice. He tells us about every thing he buys, or fixes, or builds. Ego mania at it's finest!
and I'll plonk who the f I want to. I don't need your permission or direction, thank you.
dave
Morgans wrote:

Yep, I think I will. You've been getting on my last nerve for a while, now.
See ya
Oh, by the way, this is a free country, and he can post as oft as he likes. He doesn't need your permission, oh mighty dave!
--
Jim in NC