Circular Saw recommendations (resending - meant to start a new thread)

Okay, now I'm looking to buy a good circular saw. Last weekend, my old circular starting burping on me and it's barely worth its weight in scrap metal.

So ... I was looking at the Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok handle model. That's running $130. Looks like more than I'll ever need.

Another one I'm looking at is the Bosch 1658B-01. One seller has it "new in box" for only $90. SOunds like a steal.

My other option is to buy a reconditioned Bosch CS20. That's running about $96.

Any opinions on these selections, or some other model? The $130 is pretty much the most I'd want to spend.

Thanks!

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

I have the DeWalt DW364 7.25" circular saw and have no complaints. The shoe is large, tilt adjusts easily, long cord, easy to handle, and has an electric brake. I forgot what I paid, but it has been a decent power tool in my shop for many years. There have been times I wish I had a circular saw with a smaller blade.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have the Milwaukee and love it. Plenty of power, balanced, smooth and you can't beat the Tilt-Lok.

Bob

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
bob

I have the Bosch cs20. I love mine. There was a recall on them, probably the reason it was reconditioned. They installed the wrong spring in the gaurd assembly, so the gaurd wasn't always going back. I looked at Milwaukee and the PC. Nobody carried the Mil I wanted locally, and I like the toolless blade change, and the dust collection of the pc. But I went with the Bosch due to it's smaller base plate, lightweight, and ability to use however long a cord you need. I have also ordered the dust collection accessories, that I am starting to see for all saws.

Reply to
Randal

I have the porter cable, a little more expensive but works well, very powerful, adjusts easily for depth and no kick back.

Reply to
gadgetman