Choice of crib hardware?

I'm going to make a crib for my first Grandchild. Have to be finished for August and would like some input on which system is in favor for the raising and lowering of the crib side. I grew up with the metal rod type crib but now see that there are plastic slide systems, both visible slides and hidden type slides. Found some kits from a firm called Products America. Anyone make a crib lately and what type of moveable system did you employ?? Where did you get the hardware?/
Thanks, Barry
Barry, I built a crib last year for my first, and used the rodless crib hardware kit from Rockler. Works very well. The runners are plastic. To put the gate down you just lift a little and push the bottom in with your leg. My front gate is quite heavy and it seems plenty sturdy. Pics of the crib here: http://robandkaren.webhop.org/woodworking.htm
Cheers, Rob