Cherry Window Trim (w/pics)

Hello everyone,
I am in the trim stage of making my 1970's house look like it was built 100 years ago.
Here is a pic of my first trimmed out window,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/window%20trim.jpg
With a shot of the detail,
http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/window%20detail.jpg
The ceiling in the bathroom is very low, in the rest of the house the board between the top fillet and the top trim will be 4" and not 3/4"
I started with rough sawn boards and milled everything myself.
One window down, dozens of windows and doors to do....
Thank you for looking,
David.
Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Nice work, Dave. Looks great. (It helps that you're using my absolute favourite wood and finish.)
David F. Eisan wrote:

Not too bad for a first try - wanna practice on my windows before you do the rest? :-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

/Dana Carvey as Bush Sr.
Nat gonna dooit
/end voice
I don't see myself ever painting this place again. I will be fine as fashions change. :)
David.

I hear yuh.
David F. Eisan wrote:

Do you need to seal the cherry some how or do you just leave it and let it age gracefully?
Chris

The trim is just fitted in place for now, it will be finished. I will be testing some finishes in the next few days. As the late Paul Rad. would say, practice on some scrap, or you are practicing on your project.
David.
David F. Eisan wrote:

Beautiful work. Making your own moldings always ends up looking better than store bought. Do you glue the corners of the crown or tack them in place? They are perfect.
--

-MIKE-

Pinned with my new Grex 23g 2" pinner and glued.
David.
On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:47:44 -0500, "David F. Eisan"

...nice work indeed! The real problem is not in the woodwork, but how it lays against the ceiling. I run into this kind of thing, in the micro, when running crown and the best fix is to float the ceiling in to the trimwork...that gets costly, so I usually end up caulking it all in, then the *painting* becomes the problem (as it always is...how many times have I heard a painter say, "...it's OK, we'll make it look good!" ...and usually *I'm* the painter, LOL). Yours looks to be gapping a little much for caulk, though...
cg