Check out this guy's homemade table saw!

Page 1 of 3
This guy will only be able to count to ten for another day or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWgzAk0kuQ

--

-MIKE-

Straight out of the pages of Fred Bingham's book, Practical Yacht Joinery
Lew
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:20:53 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

Chances are good that he didn't source it there, Lew. Har!
-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen

I have that book. Most projects/solutions in that book are pretty nifty. Perfect for the guy who either has no money or is so tight, that when he farts only dogs can hear him.
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:24:50 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Ditto, and I agree.

LOL! I hadn't heard that one before. It reminds me of the joke about the Scotsman inventing velcro so he could hear his wallet scream every time he opened it.
-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen

Nou, nou, Rob. Gedraag je een beetje, wil je? Ik heb net wat Festool spullen gekocht, en dat voor een hobbyist. Nou is mijn portemonnaie aan het krijsen! (glimlachje)
--
Best regards
Han

Tis nog al wat. Geen problemen met de motten die eruit vlogen..of al dat spinnerag? Wat heb je aangeschaft?
Don't worry folks, Google Translate can handle this... till we switch over to esperanto...The Ultimate Nerd language...LOL

Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Wowsers. Congrats!

Thanks! (No esperanto here)
--
Best regards
Han
----------- "Lee Michaels" wrote in message
This guy will only be able to count to ten for another day or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWgzAk0kuQ

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:06:38 -0400, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

At least he isn't leaning his hand on the table (or blade) while reaching under it to hit the switch & hold the lock button in, eh?
P.S: Who thinks that redneck could _ever_ count to ten?
-- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. -- James Lane Allen
On Mar 23, 1:06pm, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Unfortunately, it'll burn out early due to arcing from plugging in and unplugging a live tool. What's a cheap Leviton light switch sell for, $0.69?
This guy will only be

$2.99
Max

With no splitter, he's just begging for a kickback. I don't see that there's any greater inherent danger of amputations with this setup than with any other table saw, though, except to the extent that someone who would engage in this sort of redneck rigging is less likely to observe proper safety precautions than someone who would instead buy, borrow, or rent the right equipment.
On 3/23/11 1:23 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

As far as I can tell, the thing is just sitting on those two "table horses or whatever they're called" and not attached in any way.
--

-MIKE-

The 'table horses' have 2x4s attached to their tops, and the table saw rig is screwed down to those.
That's a pretty typical job site jury-rig when there's no table saw on site and only a few pieces have to be cut. In many ways it's a lot safer than when framer's disable the blade guard on a circular saw and are leaning over with a wide-legged stance. You're always balancing time and efficiency versus risk, and you'll know pretty clearly when you've underestimated the risk.
On 3/23/11 2:54 PM, RicodJour wrote:

I've flipped over the old circ saw to rip trim before. But I took quite a few more precautions than this guy, including a splitter and a foot switch.
--

-MIKE-