Check out my seat ... Adirondack chairs ;^)

OK, not nearly so sweet at GarageWoodWorks chest and not such a catchy (misleading) title, but maybe some interest from the group. See them at

This is rustic work, not fine furniture.

I built these from Western Red Cedar. I have the mill resaw 2x4's and

2x6's and I have to do right and left parts so I get smooth side up. I built a huge pile of assembly, shaping and drilling fixtures and I have the labor time down to less than an hour for the chairs and under 30 minutes each for all the other componets (tables, and footstools).

I did a run of 30 chairs and associated tables, etc. I placed them in a few local nurserys but it is a bit late this season so haven't actually sold much.

I have some re-engineering to do but luckily the assembly fixtures are all adjustable so I can adjust them to fit the imporved designs. I just need to add some overhang at the slats to the supports so the stapler won't chip out. You can see it on the footstool. I adjusted the stapler depth and that fixed it a bit but not good enough. I also need to make the arm\leg\gusset connection stronger. If you have trouble with assembly, end users could snap it.

I hope to market the heck out of these starting early next year and try to bank enough orders to rent a shop and hire some temp help.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Looks nice. I like the back of the chairs and the trapzoid "tween" table.

One question. Although that chair looks comfy with the leg support, is it hard to get out of?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

That looks pretty darn comfy. You migh need to make a cedar beer cooler to put next to it (insulated of course).

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Amazingly confortable even with the flat back. They sit a little low but not so low that it's a problem for most folks. The real problem is the footstools. Everyone wants them but they actually make it really hard to get into the chair if they are in place so you need to push them aside then it is a hassle to get them back in position, although very comfy once in place, like a ghaise lounge.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com