Cheap alternative to Krazy Glue

Page 2 of 2
CA glue lasts well over a year if you do "NOT" cap it and keep it in the fridge.
cm
www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

CM wrote:

Mine lasts well over a year if I cap it and keep it in the basement.
I do have to drill the dried glue out of the hole if it's been sitting for a while.

--John

I got mine about 8 months ago. It's still doing good, but has glued the cap on a couple times. A pair of pliers fixes the problem really quick.
It's been stored about room temperature, capped between uses.
Puckdropper

J. Clarke wrote:

Right. The plug acts like a cap, sealing the container. <G>
I was using the larger bottles on a regular basis, which probably exchanged the air in the container more often than a bottle simply sitting on the shelf.
I also used a decent amount of accelerator, so I'm sure the fumes got into the bottle and didn't help.
CM wrote:

Maybe that has something to do with climate?
"Swingman" wrote

Ahhhhhh....,
That goes back to that old adage,
"A true craftman knows how to cover his mistakes".
Another variation is, "It ain't a mistake if you can't see it".
"Lee Michaels" wrote

More like: "Yeah, those corbels were in the original design!" :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/16/07

It's not a mistake if you document it. It's a feature.
Puckdropper

Chrisgiraffe wrote:

Try Lee Valley or any other decent woodworking supply store (or a hobby/modelling store as someone else suggested).
You can get thin/medium/thick viscosity glues in larger containers. You can also get accelerator sprays that set the glue almost instantly, at the cost of a somewhat weaker bond.
Chris