Cedar Shake Hip Roof

I'm building a screen house for my wife (14' x 14') and have put up a hip roof. My question is what is the best way to cut and make the shakes for the hips? I have the roof framed with a box 15" square at the top onto which a cupola will be mounted. All of the shakes are attached except the hips. Any great methods for size and cutting the hip shakes would be appreciated. I have plenty of tools. Miter saws, table saw jointer, planes, etc. Thanks, Ray
Check out http://www.cedarbureau.org / Most of what you need to know about shakes and shingles!

Ray wrote:>Any great methods for size and cutting the hip shakes would be

Great methods? Nah, just take a circular saw to them. Tom Work at your leisure!

Where ever you get your shakes should also carry both ridge and hip shakes as well. Otherwise, use your imagination and make sure to staple them with stainless staples. SH