causing purpleheart to turn purple

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (Alan W) wrote:

I don't know if it is available, my best guess is no. I can exract it from sawdust, but it is unclear to me how one would get it in to the wood effectively. Perhaps I will take some extract and soak it in to a piece of soft maple to see if I can make "fake" purpleheart.
here is the URL:
http://www.organicsculpture.com/Purpleheart.html

+ + + Nice!
However, it is Peltogyne with a capital "P" (always) This Peltogyne is a genus, not a family. The family is Leguminosae (Pea family). PvR
PS your experiment suggest that the purple-when-freshly-sawn purpleheart may be a drying defect?