CAT TREE

Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is.

- Weston Farmer

Reply to
J T

wooden part of the cat tree. Got sick and tired of the whole process after hours and hours of carefully cutting and stapling and gluing carpet to the damned thing.

Lucky for my cat she tore into the cat tree on first sight like a beaver on steroids. If she'd ignored it, I'd have been tempted to duct tape her to it as an introduction.

Anybody looking for reasonably simple plans for a cat tree? I can upload them if wanted.

Reply to
Upscale

Please do post a link. I've also considered, still considering, building a cat tree for the living room window. But your description of attaching the carpeting is a not small detail I have overlooked until now. I'm thinking maybe just a few tree branches/logs, bark removed, might work well with carpet covered square plywood shelves screwed on at several locations.

Reply to
russellseaton1

Glad you didn't have problem.

If your cat ignores a scratching post one way to stimulate their interest is to lend it to another car for a while. The scent left on it will do the trick.

And of course every cat toy should have a string attached so the cat can ignore the toy and play with the string.

Reply to
fredfighter

Thu, Apr 12, 2007, 4:35am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com (Upscale) doth sayeth: I'd have been tempted to duct tape her to it as an introduction.

If you ever decide to do that PLEASE let me know, it'd be more than worth the cost of the trip to see that.

The other day, on a preview for one of the upcoming judge shows they ran a ctip with a woman saying, "I duct taped my husband to the bed, so he wouldn't move while I talked to him".

JOAT Today's kids have it too easy. For $2.98 they buy a scale model of an atomic submarine. No need to tinker or think! That boys, is where the kick is.

- Weston Farmer

Reply to
J T