casters for a radial arm saw

father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they make a caster wheel kit to go on them

If you want to move the heaviest of equipment with ease, check out the Rockler All-Terrain Mobile Base. The optional extensions will fit any equipment, and the large locking 5" wheels allow for easy movement but lock solid into place.
Best, Christopher

Yes they do make a caster set. HOWEVER because the legs have so much twist in them the casters are next to worthless. You would be better off buying a universal mobile base from Rockler for about $50-$60.
Leon wrote:

That's what I did on the used Craftsman RAS I bought this past year. The built-in casters were total crap; threw them away and put the whole rig on a Delta universal mobile base.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

It is reasuring that some thing never change. I bought my RAS in 1979 and got rid of it some where around 1987.
Yikes, you'll give that dangerous monster wheels so it can chase you round the shop instead of sitting there passively waiting to bite you?
On Sep 23, 10:47am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (racing John) wrote:

thanks I will check it out
racing John wrote:

Mine came with a leg and caster set. I never used them, because I have my RAS built into the workbench along the wall. Gives me a long feed table.
Bill
BillGill wrote:

Whoops! I went and checked. I have the legs, but it doesn't mention casters. Some day I may even find a use for the leg kit.
Bill
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:47:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (racing John) wrote:

There are several brands of universal bases with wheels. The base is adjusted to the particular machine. They are about $100. Woodcraft makes one kind. Of course, you can make one yourself, ShopNotes had a plan.