carbolineum

I live in Belgium. My father who is 82 years old used aldready carbolineum to protect wood when he was a teenager. Now it seems this product is forbidden due to health and environment reasons. I tried already several alternatives but I don't think they are worth the money I spend on them. Is there somebody who knows a good alternative to protect wood outside? Or does somebody know where carbolineum is still available in Belgium? Thanks.

I don't know the answer, but to clarify what I think the question is, this stuff was very similar to what rail road ties used to be preserved with. Since they still do use wooden railroad ties in many places something will have replaced Johan's carbolineum.
Just DAGS'd. look here: <http://www.carbolineum.com/
--
Best regards
Han