Can you see your posts?

I'm very new at this, still in the 'testing' phase, but it seems that while I can see replies to my posts, the original message does not appear. Is this typical? Thanks- Jim

Jim,
Are you using Outlook Express? If so, go to your inbox, click the space between the icons and then customize. Add the button that is called "Headers" and click that whenever you enter a newasgroup. sometimes the news servers will send only a majority of the new posts... Never could figure out why this happens. But clicking this button forces the otehrs to download.
It may also help if you exit the newsgroup by visiting your inbox and then re-enter the newsgroup a few seconds later. That sometimes pulls in a new post that simply refreshing the group will not.
Strange results, I know, but this is how I deal with the problem.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Jim Lemon wrote:

You can't see it immediately after you wrote the message, or EVER?
If the former, it's because the headers have to be refreshed for you to see it.
Jim Lemon wrote:

Jim You may have set your newsreader to show only the "Unread" messages. You likely did see your original msg once......... but at that point it became "read".........
hope this helps Fuddzie

I have the same problem with Outlook not showing all messages. Just recently started using http://www.1001newsgroups.com/lmess.php?name=rec.woodworking if I think I am missing posts. Don't know if it is 100% reliable. Nige

into those damn invisible posts...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing