Can I do this?

x-no-archive:yes
As I have posted I want to try jointing with my router table. My fence has removeable plastic pieces the wood slides on. Can I use simple business cards say the tickness of two behind this plastic, then put the bolts back in to "protrude" the outfeed side of the fence around 1/32?
I also cut some aluminum coil trim the size of the outfeed side and have not tried it yet. It is in coil form and I have tried to flaten it as much as I can but it is still not flat. Will it straighten up when I put the two bolts in or will because it is not perfectly flat give me non acurate results? I am alittle worried about the business cards being too soft and not acurate either.
stryped wrote:

Yes. Put them where the bolts are and maybe in the middle so the plastic fence piece doesn't bend inward. You could also just temporarily replace the plastic piece with something thicker. ______________

I doubt it will straighten applied *to* the fence but you could put it *behind* the plastic piece on the fence and it should be fine.
--

dadiOH