CAD Programs

Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs folks here use that are for the MAC?
Here's a year old review of CAD software with a couple for the MAC. Didn't read it, but you may want to check it out.
http://www.rd.com/americanwoodworker/toolguide/TT_CAD.pdf

Give Vectorworks a look. (Formerly MiniCAD) www.nemetschek.net
or
SketchUp.
JJM wrote:

I used macdraft back in the "classic" days. It's updated for OS X:
http://www.microspot.com/products/macdraftpe/index.htm
Mitch
A copy of a recent post by me and since then i have used it to design my bookcases as seen on my site very easy to use and perfect for cabinet bookcase work and really cheap
Hi Folks
I have just purchased this 60 aus dollars this is the most fantastic piece of software it plans cases beds etc cut list etc. Have been looking for someting like this for ages Thought I would share my experience. Check it out. Cheap and easy to use.
Footnote** this sounds like a bloddy advert sorry its just made my year.
http://www.homia.com.au /
cheers connor
www.connoraston.com

--
http://www.connoraston.com

I use Maya - not a CAD program, but mainly used for 3D visual design and pre-visualization. Much of the visual effects you see in the movies is done in part with Maya. And yes I am a professional visual effects and motion graphics designer.
- todd

I use an orginal version of Vellum/colbolt/graphite called drawing board. It was orginally under $100 and now they want 700+ for it. It's discontinued but great for 2D stuff. drafting assistent. Made by Ashler.

I don't know anything about their mac version, but based on what you say it sounds very much like the windows version. If so, I'll give this a big "me too". Great program with very intuitive operation (rare for CAD programs in my experience). I wish they would release it to the public domain.