Cabinets DONE!

Page 1 of 2
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.
Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/
Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/20937002640/in/photostream/
On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Leon wrote:

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.
On 9/3/2015 8:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LOL, thank you ED.
Maybe you would want to show her the matching pieces.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/
We added matching knobs to this today also. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/11002063544/in/album-72157630857421932/
And I just remembered I have to add lighting over the long arm.. ;~(
On 9/3/2015 9:46 PM, Leon wrote:

NO !!!!!!!! She'd love to have that.
On 9/4/2015 8:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LOL... Well we built our home about 4 years ago. She got her dedicated sewing studio and I got my 3 car shop. It was a small price to pay to get the 3 car shop. ;~)
On 9/4/2015 10:04 AM, Leon wrote:

Showed my wife. She wants to marry you. Legal papers to follow, I already signed the release.
On 9/4/2015 2:28 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Sorry, I'm sure she is lovely but I already have a neighborhood full of wives with wish lists. :~)
On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Leon wrote:

Pretty good work there. Hope she is happy.
--
Jeff

On 9/3/2015 8:55 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Thank you!
She went immediately into dreaming of filling it mode. ;~) She helped a lot with painting so she has a bit of a vested interest.
On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 7:58:46 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

That pastel green color is pleasing to the eye. Nice choice and a nice contrast. Her quilting friends will be envious, no doubt.
Two thumbs up!
Sonny
On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Sonny wrote:

Thank you Sonny! Her quilting friends are customers. ;~) There is a method to my madness. LOL
The color is "Minted" by Sherwin Williams. We are pretty happy with the color too, it seems to glow with natural lighting and reflects light well too. The three pieces in all brighten the room.
Leon wrote:

Congratulations, another big project completed!
Bill

Thank you Bill. I appreciate your noticing a big project. I really did not notice that until I realized that we painted on 8 separate days. That was partially because I built in 3 stages.
On 9/3/2015 7:58 PM, Leon wrote:

Well done as usual. BTW, you're running out of house... ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Thank you! Don't look too close. The heat and humidity on this third project did not allow us to paint as smoothly nor were the results as good as the first two. We did not use fans to combat the heat when we painted in the winter and the paint set up much faster this time because of all of the air movement. . But it looks fine.
I was thinking that I was running out of house too. :-). I think I can squeeze in 4 or so more relative large pieces.
Leon wrote:

Very well done--as usual.
--
GW Ross

Despite the high cost of living, it

Thank you!

How do I say this Leon?
Your sewing room cabinets look nicer than a lot of folk's china cabinets. How are you going to top this sort of thing when called upon to make something REALLY nice? The design-build problems you must have! ;-)
Good work there Leon. Try to not make the rest of us look like a bunch of ham fisted cave men in the shop.
On 9/4/2015 8:20 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Thank you Lee. To answer your question, I'm hoping that the next project will not have paint. ;~)

Nonsense, I am in a constant state of practice and get lucky a lot! Having said that I have developed a way of building cabinets, and a big thanks to Swingman for steering me in the right direction about 10 years ago, that seems to work well, the front "and" back face frame method. In the last 3 1/2 years I have built 37 cabinets/pieces of furniture using this design principal. It tends to be a very solid way to construct, solves certain issues, and lends itself to adding decorative options.
I pride myself in the fact that the carcasses and face frames have no nails or screws. Dado's, grooves, rabbets, floating tenons and mortises, and glue are what hold it all together. Then the nasty part of adding screws for door hinges, drawer slides, pulls, moldings, and back panels take their toll. ;~(
On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 9:29:53 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Some of my nasty "parts" consist of manipulating enough clamps around a structure, within the alloted glue-set time. Seems, baton twirling skills would help, in the handling of pipe clamps, at times.
Sonny