buying red oak in Southeast MA

Hi all. I am looking for a small quantity of red oak to make drawer fronts and top for a small dresser for my daughter. just need to get

3/4 s4s enough to make four 9" by 48" drawer fronts and a top that will be approx 23" * 52".

lowes and HD appear to be wicked expensive and the material doesn't appear to be great (although the one by four for some structural members was ok).

suggestions in the area around taunton etc. or even anywhere in RI??

thanks.

skiguy!

Reply to
skiguy02920

Try Woodcraft. They are located off 4 in east Greenwich. They are in the East Greenwich Square shopping center. If you come south on 95 from Providence take 4 (left Exit) then first exit it should jughandle to the right then turn left onto 401. take the first light (maybe 100 yards) turn left into the parking lot your there. You'll find practically any wood you need. Bring a check book because you'll really want to spend allot of money on all the goodies there too.

Reply to
Rich

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

You are fairly close to one of the best places that I know of. Downes and Reader Hardwood Co., Inc. in Stoughton, MA.

are a wholesale dealer, but they will sell any quantity that you desire from one board to a truck load. They have one building for public with about any speciaes of plywood and rough lumber that you can imagine. Open on Saturdays from 7 AM to 12 PM. Always plenty to choose from.

Dave

Reply to
David Patnaude