Buckled Veener

Hi Group, Looking to put some Birdseye Maple veneer on top of a dresser. The veneer that I planning on using is buckled. How does one get it to lie flat when installing with contact cement? Also it's going to take two pieces. What's the best way to get a barely visible seam where they're joined? Thanks, Jim
James wrote:

You already received some good replies to this post, yes?

It's possible that whatever server he's using is slow, and the replies hadn't appeared yet (or his original post, leading him to think it hadn't gone thru).
Anyway, to the question at hand: are we talking about putting new veneer on top of a new dresser, or new veneer on top of an existing dresser, or trying to put existing veneer back onto an existing dresser?
If it's the last case, trying to re-adhere existing veneer that has come unstuck and warped, I think he's doomed to failure. Old veneer is very brittle, I doubt the trick of running a steam iron over it will work.
John
John McCoy wrote:

WE removed the old veneer which was pretty badly damaged and was going to replace it with some that I'm looking at on evil-bay which happens to be buckled. Jim
James wrote:

Sorry about the double post. I was switching newsgroup servers. Thanks for the answers. I'll check out some videos. Jim
James wrote:

WE lost our Earthlink account so lost access to their news server. The first one I switched to wouldn't allow posts so switched another one which did allow me to post so I'm good again. Jim