Bubinga gloat

Okay, so I showed a gal in my office a box I made with bubinga splines, and she said "Wow, we have a whole bunch of that at home. You want some of it?" I was thinking that "a whole bunch" was pretty ambiguous until I loaded it up this morning. It's roughly 2000 pieces roughly the size of a dollar bill, about 1/2" thick, and roughly a hundred pieces the same width but 12" long. That's a lot of bubinga! I'm open to suggestions as to what kind of projects a fellow might attempt with pieces this small. (I guess I could make a whole bunch of really small jewelry boxes!)

Her husband works at a factory that makes bows, and apparently twenty years ago he brought home all these boxes of bubinga with the intention of using them as flooring(!!) in a bathroom. They never got around to using them, and got tired of hauling them from house to house to house, so sold them to me for a song.

Reply to
Victor De Long

I see a LOT of glue and clamps in your future...

I need a 2x6 12' long when you get ready...

Victor De L> Okay, so I showed a gal in my office a box I made with bubinga splines, and

Reply to
Pat Barber

Glue em up for turning blanks? might be a waste of good wood to shave it away though.

Think hours of matching veneers. :)

Reply to
Creamy Goodness

How about "Project SHARE"!!! :-)

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

i bet the pen guys are drooling...

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I've been looking for an excuse to buy a lathe . . .

Reply to
Victor De Long

Victor, how about gluing up the dollar bill size pieces for turning squares. If you do not have a lathe it would be a good excuse to get one.

mike

Reply to
mike

more like finding one it seems. if this isnt a good enough excuse, i dont know what would be

randy

Reply to
xrongor