BS box question

Cutting 5 piece Padauk for a box the blade didn't want to retrace the kerf to exit the block. I removed one drawer blank and started to try to get the blade out. No luck with back of blade so turned teeth first but still too much resistance. Turned on the saw and tried to carefully follow the kerf but didn't quite make it without a couple of gouges where the kerf wasn't followed.
Idea popped up this morning of removing the upper wheel cover with saw unplugged and turn the wheel in reverse with teeth oriented so they point opposite to the direction to make the cut while facing the kerf. Thinking is the teeth points will be in the kerf but not cutting as the blade will travel UP from the table and hopefully knock the sawdust out of the kerf allowing the blade to be extracted without risking the gouges made with the blade traveling in the cutting direction.
Hoping someone has "plowed this row" and will share their experience. How do BS box makers get the blade out after completing the first cut? Have seen reference to slipping a wedge into the kerf to open it up but that didn't work for me.

[...]
My first guess is that you're using too wide a blade.
--
Regards,
Make an EXIT cut in an inconspicuous area. You should plan your cuts so that you do not end up at a dead end.

If a wedge won't open the cut enough to allow an exit, you only have two choices. Cut through the Padauk, start over or cut the blade. BTW, this is not that big a deal. Any competent blade shop can weld it back. In the future, round and polish the back of the blade. It makes exiting the kerf easy.
Dave
Will round and polish the back of the blade prior to next box! Thanks.