BS adjustment question

Well, is anything I said untrue? Is your "I don't understand" not really a request for clarification?

There's a big difference between hopefully getting by without kinking the blade as you try to back it out of an other than straight cut, and preferred practice. Why suggest (or even admit) poor practice? If it's all you have to say, you're right to remain silent.

Reply to
George

Stopped cuts are a perfectly accepted practice on a band saw.

I never said I was backing out of curved cuts, you inferred that. A rounded back allows the blade to slide out easier from a straight cut, as well.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

it's also "prefered practice" to use the factory anti-kickback pawls on a tablesaw. how mant saws have you seen with as opposed to without them?

if the guy gets good results backing up with his bandsaw, good for him. so do I.

Reply to
bridger

My apologies Barry. I guess I misunderstood and thought you were talking about facing the teeth while the saw was running.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC