RE:Barnwood question

Mike, about 20 years ago I was taking a woodworking course in college, and bought some old barnwood oak. when we planed it down it was some of the prettiest oak I've seen. There were some nail holes in it, but they had turned black around the hole and ended up just looking like pin knots or something. I ended up building a dartboard cabinet and it turned out very pretty. I'll see if I can find any pictures and attach. Good luck, Earl Zei Found the pics! The rampant lion I traced off of a lowenbrau poster, glued to some 3/4 pine from k-mart, cut shape out with a coping saw, and "3dimensionalized" it with a cheapo woodcarving set.) I was pretty pleased with myself! Anyway, if you blow up the pics you can see the grain pretty well- I'm pretty sure I used toungue oil and no stain- the darkness in the grain was just there from the age (the guy that was tearing down the barn figured it was around for at least 60 years.

Reply to
EZASIAM