Box joint jig

I know there are a thousand plans for box joint jigs but most call for the use of screwing a base to your miter gauge. Unfortunately, both of current miter gauges don't have the holes to do that with. Additionally, I'd like to make it adjustable and was thinking that could be done by making the key very narrow and simply butting the already cut joints against the edge of the narrow pin as opposed to a full size one to fit them over. Size could be adjusted by moving the pin closer or away from the blade. If someone has done anything similar, I'd like to have some input. Have a project coming up and would like to start using box joints again.
Don
Just noticed a web write-up today on one. http://www.mv.com/users/besposito/woodworking/boxjointjig.html
You're welcome.
Brian.

current
key
has
That's a good one, think I'll try to find it in an old issue and go with it - Thank you.
Don

the
like
of
could
coming
If you're just looking to make good box joints, why not go with a set of jigs for the router?
Easy enough for middle-schoolers to use, easily made, easily set up.
See the commercial one(s) at : http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=boxj --

current
key
has
I have their jig and it's a no brainer. I also have several of Oak Park's other jigs and like them all very much.

the
like
of
could
coming
You could build a sled with it's own slot runner to make a self-contained box joint jig. I've seen several plans for this type over the years. Do a web search or check out old issues of shop notes or similar magazines.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Lawrence Wasserman wrote:

ShopNotes Vol. 11 Issue 62 (March 2002) has a nice one.
-- Mark
I'm looking for that version but can't seem to locate one. I do have a picture of it though and it doesn't look like rocket science to make. Thanks much for the input.
Don

Lynn's Jig
http://www.leestyron.com/lynnjig.php

"D. J. Dorn" writes:

Isn't that why drills are made?
--
Lew

You would think so, but the gauge is not hollow on the bottom and it's solid 3/4" cast. I think it would be easier to either buy a new cheap one with holes however, I've decided to go with the one from Shopnotes 62 or a modified version of it. I also looked at Lynn's jig and while it looks tempting, it seems that it would take forever to turn the crank all the way through a board and then return it for the second pass.
Don

the
current
Southland)
"D. J. Dorn"writes:

solid
<snip>
You want the simplest box jig on the planet, IMHO?
Go to the library, get a copy of Fred Bingham's book, "Practical Yacht Joinery", and read the parts of it you need.
In paper back, it's about $20, I wouldn't leave home without.
I recently posted some Boat Pics that showed Fred's 1/4" box joint jig being used to make notched trowels to spread epoxy fairing compound.
HTH
--
Lew

Thank you, I work at a college and will look for it - if they don't have it, they'll get it.
Don

being
Southland)