Bought a CRAPSMAN

I went against my better judgement and purchased something from CRAPSMAN. I said, what could go wrong with a simple clock mounted on a saw blade. No sooner did I have it mounted and the clock looked at me and said "Gotha again". It works occasionally as any other CRAPSMAN tool does. I think I will use it for target practice.
Walter H. Klaus
-- Remove the "(NOSPAM)" from my Email address to contact me.

Does Sears sell rifles?

I've had one for many years. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking,
Your problem is that you've forgotten that electromechanical items are not inanimate. They have feelings! Your clock knew that you thought less of him/her because you bought it at Sears.
You might want to start the day by greeting the clock with a cheery "Good Morning, Clock!! Let's spend some time together today." or something like that.
Be sure you're alone when you do that, tho - some people would get the wrong impression.
Hope this puts you on the right track,
vgb

Are you smoking something good??????????

Walter H. Klaus wrote: <snipped>

What a crock of bullshit!
Hey, Craftysman has slipped from what they used to be. We all agree on that. BUT, they have come up with some really neat tools lately and I bought them AND I AM PROUD OF THEM! I love the little screw removers and the little bolt removers. I use the locking pliers constantly when I don't need a Vise-Grip because I feel like they are more secure than my standard Channellocks. Granted, their powwer tools are not the equal of most other producers BUT I think I see a trend to change that. Also, I heard the Sears was one of the FEW companies that will (while they are in Iraq) make up the difference of their military pay and what they made at Sears!! Hey, I like THAT!!!!!! Haven't heard of Bosch or Dewalt doing that. Sears has almost slipped beneath the waves financially speaking but they are trying hard to come back. Besides m, they appeal to the homeowner and most of us have prodessional knowledge if , indeed, we are not professionals. Maybe, just maybe, we are the ones at fault condeming Sears. Maybe we are just TOO DAMN CHEAP and want the best at giveaway prices. I know Sears doesn't cater to pro's; I shop somehwre else normally. BUT they do have some things I like. Maybe I don't always need a 10hp chainsaw with a 8' bar to cut up some firewood.

Mon, Jul 14, 2003, 11:06am (EDT-2) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (JohnDeBoo) says: What a crock of bullshit!
You silver-tongued devil you.
JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 13 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html

Hi John,
Please explain the logic underlying your comment.
Bob
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:23:26 GMT, "Bob Schmall"

methinks the fellow doth hate Craftsman machines
Traves
"Walter H. Klaus" wrote:

Ya should'a made your own. ;-) See: http://www.klockit.com/product.asp?sku=RRRZZ&id 1524451411492411697575 -- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Walter,
I received the same clock as a gift and had the same problem. Make sure the battery is fresh and check that the little metal clips that touch the + and - poles on the battery are making good contact. I had to bend mine a little to hold it securely or the weight of the clock pushed the battery in and the clock stopped running (not while I was standing there, but about 1/2 hour after I left the shop.
I fiddled with it a little over 2 years ago and has been keeping good time since. Be careful though - that blade is sharper than regular craftsman saw blades :-)
-Chris
So take it back. I'm sure it contains the same cheap little clock mechanism put in thousands of wall clocks. Yes, your going to get a bad one from time to time.