Bosch sliding compound miter saw question

I recently bought a Bosch model 3915 10" sliding miter saw. I love it! When I read reviews, the big thing everyone mentioned was the poor dust collection that it has, which I agree with (not that may have good ones). My question is this: would it be bad to jury rig my shop vac to the dust port to at least assist with some of the sawdust collection? I tried it a few times and it seemed to help some. Or is there another better way, or should I just get used to it? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
C Ferg

I have a Bosch sliding compound miter saw as well though it is a different model number than you have. It is true that if you hook up your shop vac to port where the bag is attached that you will do somewhat better. However, as you probably noted in the product description of the saw "Please note: the dust bag does not collect dust for most miter or chop cuts--it will only capture the dust when making a sliding cut." In my experience, most of the dust flies out toward the rear of the saw where it hits the place where the

2 tubes that comprise the slider are attached. I am currently building a dust collector out of scrap wood that works something like the system shown on this website:
I got the scrap wood idea from someone else on this group. If you want to see what he did, go to his website at
and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Reply to
Dick Snyder