Black Walnut or Puruvian Walnut?

I have a dining room table to build for a customer. 2 tone, Maple legs and apron and a walnut top. I am accustomed to working with Black Walnut but have never really noticed or worked with Peruvian Walnut. Is there anything weird about Peruvian Walnut that I should watch out for? I am leaving the choice up to the customer and basically told him that the Peruvian Walnut is more sedate and or refined compared to the more exaggerated grain and color of Black Walnut.

and apron and a walnut top. I am accustomed to working with Black Walnut but have never really noticed or worked with Peruvian Walnut. Is there anything weird about Peruvian Walnut that I should watch out for? I am leaving the choice up to the customer and basically told him that the Peruvian Walnut is more sedate and or refined compared to the more exaggerated grain and color of Black Walnut.
+ + + Sounds about right. In the genus Juglans (walnut) there are several groups. Besides real walnut (Juglans regia) there are also the black walnuts, of which Juglans nigra is the best known. Peruvian walnut (likely Juglans neotropica) is a tropical black walnut and should work rather similar. Note that it is coarser. PvR
Thank You