Biscuit joiners

Porter-Cable or Dewalt, Lamello is out of the question?

What say the wizards of woodworking?

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I went with the Porter-Cable 557 as it comes with the 2" blade allowing use of the "FF" biscuits.

Reply to
Nova

DeWalt is acceptable, the PC just a tad nicer and can take the FF biscuit. I had my DeWalt stolen and just replaced it with a PC, but I've not used it yet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I bought a Lamello (Now called the Top) in the '80's as there was nothing else around at that time. That one was stolen. Later I ended up with a PC 557 (Type3) and a Lamello Classic. I have used other ones and they all do the job to a certain extent. Awesome as the Lamello is, it just isn't worth the money as the PC 557 is all *I* ever needed. I did not like the ELU or the DeWalt (don't know anything about the latest incarnation), the Craftsman and Ryobi and many HF-like are usually sloppy in the cradle, awful motors, inferior blades and noisy. So... after all that, buy the PC, you'll be happy.

Reply to
Robatoy

-------------------------------------- I started with a slot cutter and my router and just never got around to getting a biscuit joiner.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Butt joints in the middle of a panel are a bit more difficult. Edge to edge, no prob.... but then you might as well run a full spline.

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm no wizard but I vote for the PC 557.

Max

Reply to
Max