Big Bit Burning and Splintering Solution

Couple of tricks I picked up at the WWing show worth passing along. Posted the illustrated tips in alt.binaries/pcitures.woodworking

The show haul:

Accusparay 230 HVLP turbine, six foot whip hose and another needle and tip for the Accuspray 10 HVLP gun I got a couple of years ago. The cheap Wagner single stage turbine just got too irritating to use anymore - "inexpensive" things often become more trouble than they're worth. Should've gone with Buy Once, Cry Once to begin with. This was the Big Ticket Item - I only allow myself one per show. Relative to the Wagner,this thing is whisper quiet, heavy duty bearings and four hour duty cycle, in case I want to paint the whole freakin' house - in half day increments - which is fine with me.

Woodline's Cabinet Making Bits Set - rail & stile, raised panel, T&G, drawer lock, door/drawer lip bit and set up blocks, their little special bit for glass panels and the How To DVD for the set.

The guys with the crown molding cutting jigs FINALLY put out a DVD on how to use ALL their capabilities, along with a handy decal of instructions to stick on the jigs so you've got on the job reminders. NOW maybe my kid, the general contractor, will use the damn things I got for him LAST year. If you do crown molding you've got to check this out

of Razir wood burning tips for an artist friend in Autsin.

FINALLY found the two foot goose neck lamps I've been searching for (Moffat Inc Flex Arm Lamp 24") - one for my lathe bench and one for the work bench. Very slick - has multiple bases and a quick disconnect lamp to base feature like on an air hose. Will use the bracket base for the lathe bench and screw the other base to a bench hole plug I'll turn specifically for that use. The lamp will handle a 100 watt bulb - which should be more than enough light and a heat sink for the switch for longer switch life. Being able to crank the light to odd positions and have it stay there is nice! Not cheap - $54 each - but I got a Show Deal PLUS a "quantity discount" 'cause I bought two for a total of 20% off.

Some "thick" and "thin" CN glue, a can of hardene, some Mahoney's Walnut Oil Utility Finish and a diameter gauge for spindle work rounded out the wood turning stuff.

Have to check the account balance and see if there's any money left - for books. May even find a viscosity cup at one of the spray equiptment booths.

Life is good, though the weather is so-so.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b