Biesemeyer Fence for a Sears TS

I should have mentioned to take the "nospam" out of my email address.

Reply to
Tom Wojeck

O.K., it's really on the way now.

You're the third guy. Any>I should have mentioned to take the "nospam" out of my email address. > >Thanks again!

Reply to
Lazarus Long

you are welcome...actually, looking at the length of my post (snipped from below), I am reminded of why it is that folks that KNOW me also know never to ask me an essay question (*smile*).

Hum...dont know if that would work. Sears has a bad tendency to maximize their profit margin for their tools...which means that they use precisely enough metal to support the amount of power they have at hand...and very little meat for more. My inclination would be to start tossing change into the big, pickle jar with the goal of getting a new, heavier saw ASAP and simply live with the restrictions of your existing saw for a bit. After all it should work fairly well for up to 6/4 wood, and, you might be able to find a local woodworker with a larger saw for the thicker stock. I have provided that sort of service a few times myself actually... My only proviso is that I will cut it as it is marked. If it is marked wrong...that is NOT my problem. Now...as for whether or not it is possible. It would depend on the saw. If the saw is a direct drive unit, then, the answer is "no". By the time you could cobble together a replacement motor for a direct drive unit, you would have more time and money poured into it than it is worth. If it is a belt-driven unit, then, it MIGHT work ok. However, I suspect there will be some interesting challenges involved in mounting the new motor. There might be some issues with where the power will go and whether the increased power will put too much stress on the saw mechanism.

Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Thank you again. I have no problem with your posts. I came here to learn and not to reinvent the wheel when a better wheel is available.

My neighborhood is not as friendly as yours, people here seem to very restrictive or reserve shall I say :-).

Mine is a belt driven and I really do not want to put any more money into it unless I am sure it will work and not fly apart. Further, when I replaced the arbor both bearings were very loose and if I increase to 1-1/2HP it might break the casting.

Anyway, enjoy talking to you. Do have a good weekend, I might post the project in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking if it looks decent a few weeks down the road, provided the weather permit me to continue.

Thanks and best regard

Reply to
WD