With my own eyes--a Crapsman Cabinet saw w/ Biesemeyer fence!

Perhaps I'm a little behind the times, but I was in the Sears this afternoon and saw, "With my own eyes--a Crapsman Cabinet saw w/Biesemeyer fence!" The T-Square Fence System even had a decal on it stating that it was a product of Delta Machinery.

I'm a little fuzzy on which particular corporation owns everything on the planet, and I had it in my mind that Sears and Delta were mortal enemies, kinda like Norm and Bob Vila.

WTFO?

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

It's Me. I own everything...

Reply to
bridger

That saw has been discussed many times on this forum and the remarks are generally favorable. It's not a Unisaw, but looks like a good saw for the money. Maybe you can find something in the archives?

Wayne

P.S. Someone (I think it is Charlie Self) is doing an evaluation as I type that will probably be posted in a while.

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Bridger responds:

Well, it's time to start fixing some of it. :)

Charlie Self "When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty." George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra (1901)

Reply to
Charlie Self

why? stuff breaks, y'all buy more. works for me...

Reply to
bridger

Ah, Mr. Gates. I didn't recognize you. Saaaaaay, why don't you come into my shop with me, I've got some sharp, fast-moving things I'd like to introduce into you. I mean, introduce you to.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Speaking of crapsmen...

(Scariest thing in my shop is that my CNC control program requires a Microsoft base - I worry more about the safety aspects of that than anything else.)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Bridger responds:

Whatever works. I somehow thought you were a Yankee, though...mend it, fix it, use it up sor of deal.

Charlie Self "When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty." George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra (1901)

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sears will do anything to make a profit, as they have been having financial concerns. Be aware of the quality or power tools and castings, especially if you see "Made in China."

Reply to
Phisherman

the yankee/dixie schism is an east coast thing. I'm a California/Arizona/New Mexico boy. I *really* don't give a damn.....

Reply to
bridger

How does this differ from any/every other company on this planet? Reminds me of a case we studied in school where the courts said a company has to pursue a profit. I think it was US V. Henry Ford.

Every company is trying to produce a product at a profit. Some products are like Bosch, some Black and Decker.

"Phisherman" wrote

Reply to
Dave

My aunt, born n' raised in GA, is still p*ssed about the war.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Yeah, well...I grew up as "that damned Yankee," with all my maternal uncles twitting me about being born in NY. My mother was from Louisa County, VA and one of a dozen kids who lived to tell the tale. So my brother, my sister and I got to, as someone said in another context, "bear the brunt" of being on the winning side.

Charlie Self "I think the most un-American thing you can say is, 'You can't say that.' " Garrison Keillor

Reply to
Charlie Self