Best glue for filler

I want to mix some sawdust with glue to fill a couple of chipouts in a project I am building. Any one have a suggestion as to the best glue to use so it will take stain and match the original wood. I will use sanding dust from the original wood. Wood is oak.--Thanks
Steve wrote:

I don't think you can. Try mixing the stain with the glue first, or use a "dutchman"(?)[1]
[1] make the chipout bigger, then cut a patch to fit.
--
BigEgg
Hack to size. Hammer to fit. Weld to join. Grind to shape. Paint to cover.
Steve wrote:

Any binder will seal the sawdust. If the wood is sealed, it won't suck stain.
--

dadiOH

Mike Alexander PP-ASEL Temecula, CA See my online aerial photo album at http://flying.4alexanders.com

They say that hide glue will accept stain much like wood. I haven't actually tried it myself.