Bentwood (laminated) scooter

I guess it's time to stop lurking and ask a question...
A friend built this project about 10 years ago for his grandkids and recently had to make a presentation on laminating so he brought
this project as an example. Now other woodworkers want his plan, but He can't find it. He thinks it was from an issue of Shopnotes
around 1998-99. I looked through all my magazines with no success, and also online, but they (Shopnotes, at least) don't go back that far.
Anyone remember a plan like this? I can post a picture in the other newsgroup if that will help.
Thanks,
Art
Please post the pic for all of us who are willing to help

Thanks for the comeback...I'll post some pics on monday as he has company this weekend.

If you call the August Home (Shopnotes) folks, they will copy single articles for you from back issues before 1999... It will help if you know the issue # you want. -- JeffB remove no.spam. to email
darat7 wrote:

Thanks, Jeff for the comeback...I'll post some pics on monday as he has company this weekend. Hopefully, he'll remember what magazine it came from by then.

I've posted a couple of pictures of the scooter in the abpw newsgroup. Any help will be appreciated.

I've written to Woodsmith magazine asking form help and an address that I might send them a picture. I don't believe it would have been in Shopnotes which is mostly shop stuff

Re: WoodsmithStore.com Customer Service Question
Thank you for writing us. Unfortunately we have not done a project like this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Best regards, Katie
I'm trying to find a plan for a laminated scooter for a fellow woodworker in the rec.woodworking newsgroup. He thinks it was Shopsmith about 10 years ago. But, i think it might have been Woodsmith. He's posted a picture for those of us willing to help. Is it anything that may be in one of your back issues? If I could email the picture to another address, maybe that would help. Thank You.

Re: WoodsmithStore.com Customer Service Question
Thank you for writing us. Unfortunately we have not done a project like this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Best regards, Katie
I'm trying to find a plan for a laminated scooter for a fellow woodworker in the rec.woodworking newsgroup. He thinks it was Shopsmith about 10 years ago. But, i think it might have been Woodsmith. He's posted a picture for those of us willing to help. Is it anything that may be in one of your back issues? If I could email the picture to another address, maybe that would help. Thank You.

Has anyone found the plans for this scooter??
ROY!