Behlen Solar-Lux Hickory with red cast

I am using Behlen Hickory B503-6A285. It has no red cast to it. However, when I mix it with a Nitrocellulose Lacquer to create a glaze (admittedly at a fairly high concentration) and apply it to a maple colored wood with a clear finish on it, I end up with a red cast that makes the wood look like mahogany. Can you tell me what caused it? It does not happen on all the pieces, it just seems to occur when I apply a large amount of the glaze. Some of the pieces turn out exactly as I would expect (a dark brown color).

Reply to
Eric Anderson