bearings on the delta 14 inch bandsaw

Page 2 of 2

It won't be for a Delta 14 inch bandsaw.
Lew
In article <79e8081e-e0c4-43c6-8365-

WHOOSH. As expected.
Bob AZ wrote: ...

Utter nonsense, again.
50 years ago it was Stoddard solvent (think kerosene-like hydrocarbon) and its latest MSDS is only a slight difference--I looked it up just within the last couple months on another thread and posted both the MSDS and the links to the universal chemical code data sheets.
Try using the stuff. The argument on this always comes down to two groups of people. 1) Those that have experience using the product say it is corrosive or gums up the works. 2) Those that quote the manufactures promotional materials and say it is a degreaser and a lubricant. Something strike you wrong with that WD-40 advertising BS? Pehaps it degreases it's own lubricant?
Read some forums on people trying it on guns, carparts and other metal parts. Most of them are disgusted with it's results contrary to what the company, claiming they have never changed the formula since 1955, say. They used to claim Stoddard Solvent and now claim WD-40 contains none. The list goes on.
The product only provides temporary lubrication while it is wet. When all the solvents dry out the degreased gum remains of the former lubrication seizes up any parts that move with a shellac like-substance. The hygroscopic feature absorbs moisture and leaves it behind to further damage the degreased parts starting to lose their finishes.
People swear by the product for lubrication and reapply it every few weeks or months. There is a reason for that.
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t 812
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread465879/pg1
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w163-m-class/58743-ratso-rust-expert.html
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?tC0948
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid 070812190359AAM7ScD
http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html
http://yarchive.net/chem/wd40.html
Utter nonsense, again.
50 years ago it was Stoddard solvent (think kerosene-like hydrocarbon) and its latest MSDS is only a slight difference--I looked it up just within the last couple months on another thread and posted both the MSDS and the links to the universal chemical code data sheets.
Bob AZ wrote:
To the WD40 users. 50 years ago WD40 was corrosive and has not improved yet. Just leave a shiny chrome thing in it overnight and look at it in the morning.
On 12/31/10 10:36 AM, Josepi wrote:

No, this is the only argument I have. People like you and Bob who make $h!t up and say it's corrosive.

--

-MIKE-