bandsaw thrust bearings

Anyone using the Iturra thrust bearings with O ring seals? http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/bandsawthrustbearingset.aspx
I need new bearings and am curious how these perform over a standard bearing.
Can the O ring be removed for cleaning?
On 7/28/11 1:00 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

ASFIK, they are on there so you don't have to clean them.
--

-MIKE-

My son does inline speed skating. The bearings have seals and they need a cleaning to get out the fine dust.
If you can pop the seal, clean them, give them 1 drop of oil they run nice. The steel covers with crimps don't open.. And can't be serviced. But many other types are serviceable.
I have a sonic cleaner for the bearings. First clean them in a course bath, then the ultrasonic bath, and they are good as new.