Bandsaw for sale

*snip*.

Sigh...don't take it personally, Tony...it is the way of the Net. Folks tend to be a bit suspicious, and, rather blunter than they might be in person. I don't think that Tony is misrepresenting the saw in any way, or is trying to screw anyone. Of course, that opening bid of $300 WILL scare off the folks that want to STEAL the bloody saw! For those of you that are concerned...Tell you what... Send me a payment of $30 and a list of things you want checked, and I will be happy ( If Tony is willing) to stop by...look at them...and send you a notorized report. Cashier's checks and money orders preferred. Paypal accepted... As for Ebay...I don't so much mind reserve prices... although it can be annoying. I do find, though, that a moderate reserve, and, starting bidding off at $1.00 is a great way to engender bidding interest. I am given to understand that if an item with a reserve does not sell, that some private Emails between an interested party and the seller can produce a result satisfactory to both. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

*snip*

That was a bothersome sentence on many levels. It does happen but the following should be mentioned 1) it's against the E-bay terms of service and if found out is grounds for throwing both the buy and seller out 2) it's dishonest -- I'm not saying that E-bay is some benevolent charity that needs support but for every "didn't make reserve, sell it using harvested e-mails" they lose final value fees and have to pass that loss on to *MY* fees as seller. Definitely another case where the honest guys get screwed again.

hex

-30-

Reply to
hex