Bandsaw drift

I set up my Jet 14" bandsaw like Michael Fortune recommends. He had an article in FWW 173 and also one in Wood magazine. I also added the Iturra spring that John White recommends in FWW 159. I used the BC Saw's 3 tpi skip tooth blade (one of Fortune's recommendations).
I also have a riser kit on the saw, but that is not part of this last modification. I shimmed the top wheel 1/16" to make it co-planer with the bottom wheel.
Wow, no blade drift and good thin resawed panels. :-)
An interesting side light is that the top wheel had been balanced on the back side. There is series of dimples that removed metal to balance the wheel. I bought the saw new, so it had been balanced by the factory.
Lowell Holmes wrote:

As a newbie, I was under the impression that power tools came tuned and ready to go out of the box. They work right out of the box - but they could work MUCH better with a little after purchase tuning. Of course that often involves getting some set up tools and finding out what to check - then how to adjust things. - correctly.
Enjoy the bandsaw - especially now that it's fine tuned.
charlie b