Bandsaw Choice: Jet or Powermatic

Page 2 of 2

Worth it? Sure, if you have the money. Only you know how much it will be used and how much money you have to spend.

The Powermatic also has a larger motor and the wheels are much more substantial. I think the price difference largely represents fair price for significant additional value.
Bob

The Carter Quick-Tension release is $149 if bought separately. Wouldn't mind having one of those on my BS.
TWS http://tomstudwell.com/allprojects.htm
The book is very skewed toward Delta but pertinent to any brand.
Also, look into Mark Duginske's Band Saw Handbook.
I have just completed rebuilding an old Delta/Rockwell and found both of these sources very handy.
Good luck.
Eric
ps. Don't assume that the saw you buy is tuned up and ready to go out of the box. You will need to fine tune it. There is lots of good advice in the books and on this forum. The latest Fine Woodworking magazine has an article (I am citing heresay. I haven't picked it up yet) about bandsaw tuning that is different from conventional process.
Thanks for all the feedback. I think that I will be happy with Powermatic.
tzipple wrote:

I think you just sold yourself on the correct machine. Disclaimer, I do not own any powermatic and have a couple of Jet products.
Wes