bandsaw

Thinking about buying the Powermatic 14"CS bandsaw.....does anyone have one. Its fairly new......I,m going to a woodworking show in about 3 weeks. I,ll get to see one n touch it then. So far, just seen them in a catalog. Any insight appreciated....think they are selling for $850.....wanna upgrade from my Sears 14" bandsaw....looked at a Jet 18", nice, but a lil-overkill for what I use it for I think. Thanks......George....

Reply to
George Berlinger

I've got one. had it a few weeks. It's much nicer than the Delta, IMHO. I HAD the Delta 299A and returned it to the store for a full refund due to vibration issues. The Powermatic has a blower to keep the cut line clear, a very nice fence, work light, Carter guides and quick tension release (also Carter). It runs like the proverbial sewing machine. Very quiet and smooth. There is a brush that rests against the lower wheel to help keep it clean. DC port is built into the cast frame. It uses a flat serpentine style belt instead of a V belt. Adjust the motor first, then roll the belt on; that's 100 times easier than tightening the belt with the belt already in place.

I put the unit on a Delta mobile stand. I LOVE this BS. BTW, I got mine for $750.

dave

George Berl> Thinking about buying the Powermatic 14"CS bandsaw.....does anyone have one.

Reply to
Bay Area Dave