Band saw help

Hello all, I am currently looking for my first bandsaw. Would like to be able to resaw some 2x6 red and white oak rough sawn lumber. I was looking at the 17" Grizzly. I would like to find one for under $1200 any suggestions.
Also I just ordered the Dewalt DW788S scroll saw to replace my aging crapsman. Any opinions on this. Thanks for any and all replies. Bob
Robert Smith wrote:

This doesn't answer your question...but I tried resawing for the first time on my TS this week. I was cutting 13/16" red oak boards (6 1/4" wide) using a standard kerf blade. It worked pretty well...I cut about 1 1/2" at a time on each side = 4 passes. In one case I was shooting for a 1/2" board and a 1/8" board. In the other case my target was two 1/4" boards. The latter was easy, plenty of wood to spare. The former I didn't quite make...but I think my second try will, with a more carefull setting of the fence.
Of course, if you don't have a TS, this post was a waste of electrons :)
--
Chris Merrill

"Robert Smith" < snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:2czjb.181348$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
I've also ordered the Dewalt788. I haven't used one yet, but from what I've read and from what one of the guys at work (who has one) says, it seems to be one of the top rated saws in its class. At least I hope so, anyway.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:55:42 GMT, "Robert Smith"