Bad weekend - two kickback episodes

Page 2 of 2
Pushsticks are best, because they keep you in control where the action is.
Not to mention that a deflection of a degree or so on a three-foot long piece is likely to send it running back up the blade when it binds.

"Gary" wrote in message

You see a pattern here?
It I had to guess, and I do, it sounds to me as if you've gotten gun-shy, and by standing well to the LEFT, are not taking control of the piece against the fence, thereby allowing a situation to develop that can result in a kick back.
You've got be firmly in control around a table saw of that size.
If you take care to firmly control the piece between the fence and blade (i.e., keep constant edge contact with the fence and a firm grip on the piece), with a well tuned saw you will drastically cut your chances of an uncontrollable kickback happening.
Just my FWIW tuppence ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04