Bad weekend - two kickback episodes

Material wasn't long enough to use the miter. I definitely need to build me a sled (if I can get up enough nerve to cut one out.)

Gary

Reply to
Gary

That's for darn sure!! And I've got a pretty little Powermatic 14" with fence, miter, riser and all. I think I'll use it a lot more often in the future.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Pushsticks are best, because they keep you in control where the action is.

Not to mention that a deflection of a degree or so on a three-foot long piece is likely to send it running back up the blade when it binds.

Reply to
George