Bad deal with a table saw

I bought a table saw for 325$ (can.). It was made by "Diltec" but almost identical to the 34-410 Delta. The blade guard was missing (200$) but I thought it was a good buy.

When I tried to tune it, I realised how this tool was badly treated. A main piece was broken (150$). The ball bearing and some others parts needed to be replaced (50$). The rail for the fence is lightly bended (80$).

What did the last owner do with it ? I don't know. Fortunately there is a good motor and spare parts are still available.

For a well tuned table saw I will have to spend 800$. For the same price, I could have bought a new one with a warranty without all this problems.

Next time I will be more careful with the "good deals".

S.B.

Reply to
SBO

I just bought a Diltec before Christmas which had some heavy use. I thought mine looks kind of like this:

course, older and with lots more wear. . .I don't think these came with blade guards when they were made, they are a pretty old brand. Do you have a source for parts you wouldn't mind sharing? I can't find any relevant Diltec table saw links anywhere except for the odd one forsale here and there.

BB

Reply to
nb.bear

It looks like mine.

The Diltec products was canceled since a long time. My model was "FM 1.0" it is almost identical to the Delta CS-4L (34-410 or 34-440). So I ordered some Delta parts and most of the time that is appropriate. I found spare parts at :

If you order a bad part they can refund less 20%. On their web site you can see all the models detailed and maybe you will find something like your's.

Good luck.

S.B.

Reply to
SBO