B&D Sawzall

Good Day... I have a B&D Model 3105 Sawzall which requires the speed reducing spider gear replaced. The part is too expensive to buy new so I was hoping someone had a non-repairable saw that would part with the gear. Please send an email if you do. Thanks.
Search terms: Black and Decker, sawzall, reciprocating saw, cut saw
Ryton said:

You have a B&D reciprocating saw. Sawzall is a Milwaukee Trademark. Just buy a new one, the B&D isn't much anyway. The time you spend searching for this one part could be better spent with a new saw that isn't an entry level, plastic homeowner tool that breaks frequently. Remember, cry once.
Dewalt, Milwaukee, PC have models less than $100.
Good Luck, otherwise. FWIW,
Greg G.
Hi Greg... Actually this is an ancient constuction grade model (needle bearings throughout) that my carpenter brother-in-law used for years. Its failure was the result of the trust ring's cover retaining screws working loose (common design - even in my Hitachi). It's always better to fix, if economically feasible, than filling-up the landfill, IMHO.
Ryton said:

Ancient is good. At least that's what I keep telling myself. ;-) I have two really old B&D items, and they are a far cry from what is available today.
As for your refurb attempts, I don't deny that it's better to fix than to fill the landfills with imported junk, for sure. I keep everything... well... forever. ;-) Good Luck finding what you need. But if it is a common failure, the chances of finding a good used part becomes rather slim. B&D may be your best option.
Greg G.

How often are you going to post this? You gave it your best shot and no one replied. I guess many of us just don't keep old tools laying around in case someone ever needs a part 15 years from now. Just buy a new part or a new saw and get on with life.
Of course, since B & D never made a Sawzall, you won't find the part for one.