Auger numbers = what sizes?

Need to know if there is any site that explains, or, translates those numbers on the shafts into the actual sizes? I have a pile to go through before sharpening them. Or if anyone just knows, that would be great. Would help a lot, thanks all.
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Need to know if there is any site that explains, or, translates those numbers on the shafts into the actual sizes? I have a pile to go through before sharpening them. Or if anyone just knows, that would be great. Would help a lot, thanks all.
-- Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com not my site: http://www.e-sword.net /
This is the case for a lot of old woodworking tools. You can always check with a pair of calipers.
Awesome help guys, thanks! Makes a lot more sense.
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

It is the diameter of the auger in 1/16ths of an inch.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland