Auction Items

I'm viewing 3 items, in one Lot, up for auction. In my Flickr link, they are the first 3 pics, N1, N2 & N3. One is a dust collector, one a blue "box" thingy and the last an "orange" thingy. Can anyone tell if the orange item is some kind of sharpening tool/station? I have no clue what the blue item is or for.... anyone know?

'm not close enough to the auction site to conveniently go inspect the items. The current bid is $147. I'd be willing to bid a bit higher, specifically for the dust collector. Anyone want to suggest a reasonable minimum value for this whole lot of items?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

There are no descriptions, for these items, on the auction site, other than "warehouse equipment".

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I think the red thing might be a spot welder, but not certain.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

With the large cables coming out of the front and the ventilation ribs on the side of the orange thing, I would hazard a guess that it is an electric forklift battery charger. I don't know what the tool is on the top of it though.

The blue thing I can't tell exactly from the photo.

Reply to
allen476

I forgot to add that if it were me personally, I wouldn't go more than $200. Unless you have a use for most of the items.

Reply to
allen476

The "blue item" looks like it might be some sort of test equipment. Appears to have areas for digital read-outs. That blue at one time was Techtronix. Don't have a clue on the "orange item" other than it would make one heck of a paperweight.

Reply to
Roger

On 5/1/2012 3:05 PM, Roger wrote: ...

Definitely is test gear of some sort--19" rackmount stuff.

That is not Tektronix blue, though; don't recognize it.

The two bottom units are _possibly_ Agilent (formerly HP before Carly sold off the _real_ HP) but I can't tell for sure what. The upper of the two _might_ be a DVM while the lower may be a signal generator but that's a guess.

As for value of the lot; w/o knowing what you're getting, base it on what you think the DC is worth to you; I'd not place that one at much over $250 new; looks like a generic import of 1 to 1-1/2 hp.

Do you have a use for potluck test gear? It goes pretty cheaply generally on used market. I've a whole bench full of old stuff from days of yore but while have no real use any longer can't bring myself to throw it out but it doesn't look like it would bring enough on eBay to make the hassle of dealing with it worth the effort...

Reply to
dpb

Yep, most likely technical electronic equipment, but I was wishing for something relevant to woodworking and I certainly didn't recognize the blue or orange/red items. These are at NASA in Webster, Tx. I have a cousin in Clear Lake, next door, that was ready to pickup the items for me. I may pass on the dust collector, the bid is now $172. This is the auction:

is a notice on the GSA Auction home page stating the Shuttle program has ended and NASA will have other items, from that program, for subsequent sales. With my cousin next door, he would have been a convenient pickup person for me.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny