BSA Auction Results In

Just got home from the Troop 1 Auction and the Footlocker / Campaign Chest went for $1000.00. (Pix on ABPW).

Since I would have sold it for $1200.00 on commission, I feel one way.

Since hard costs, less labor were $400.00, I guess I'm satisfied.

It went for the highest amount of all the items auctioned, including a signed Joe Dimaggio baseball and a Whitey Ford signed baseball, each of which I coveted but kept my hands down for.

I can hardly believe I beat Dimaggio.

Imagine.

:-)

tom watson

Wow, that's great. Must have been a very discerning crowd. Too often things like that are offered for less than IKEA prices.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You know, Ed, these folks were very committed to the idea that they were making a contribution to the troop by bidding the prices high. I don't think that they had a particular idea on how to bid hand made stuff but they came pretty close to what my asking price would have been.

I pretty much wound up working for $20.00 an hour but I have to acknowledge our contribution to the troop at the selling price.

I can say that the result was not so far off that I would not do it again next year.

tom watson

WooooHooo! That's good news.

Reply to
cm