Are we this lazy?

I guess the market will decide but is this a product that is really needed?

RayV

Look at the brand name.

Who do you think will be the primary marketing target?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
Joe Wells

For a minute, I thought "The Onion" had hijacked the B&D site!

Reply to
B A R R Y

B&D site:

suppose if you're that inept, an auto-clamp might keep you from crushing your fingers in a normal clamp. Notice how nice his cuts are even using a handsaw in that awkward position - the ends of the board look like they were done on a tablesaw. Most admirable. The tool selection hanging on that rack is priceless - a couple of paint rollers, couple of hammers, a large wrench, a couple of putty knives and a rubber mallet. Yep, time for him to be open up his own cabinet shop!

RicodJour

It would seem to make sense for woodworkers with carpel tunnel or arthritis which prevent or diminish gripping force.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

If someone would make one that is both pneumatic, cost effective, and could be adapted for use on the multi-router, I would buy a couple or three in heartbeat.

Nothing lazy about it ... it's amazing how much time and effort placing, tightening, and loosening clamps is expended when 'batching' multiple parts, say mortises in both ends of 72 slats! DAMHIKT

Here is a pair that JDS sells for the Multi-router:

ouch!

Reply to
Swingman

everywhere in search of Christmas presents will buy them for their men. You'll be lucky if you don't get one yourself! What a clever bunch of marketers. They can create a "need" out of thin air. Aren't they the folks that brought us the electric retractable tape measure?

But then, I'm not exactly a forward thinker. I thought the electric can opener was a frivolity. The first remote controlled TV seemed pretty useless too; but back then I could remember what was on the ONE other channel. When I first heard about this new thing called electronic mail, a techno-geek excitedly told me we would have to check it several times a day to keep up with it. My response was, that if anybody wanted a response from me in less than a day, they could call me on the phone. Now, I check my email at work several times an hour. My folks were 75 when I installed a garage door opener over their objections that it really wasn't too much trouble to get out and raise the door.

So, maybe this electric clamp fills a need we just haven't discovered yet.

DonkeyHody "We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." - Mark Twain

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Hey...when you run with the "Big Dogs", it appears that you need to pay up ???

$165 for a tool stand is a little str>

Reply to
Pat Barber

I suppose that this could be used for some kind of delicate, one hand glueing operation, MAYBE.

What I thought was funny is that it used 4 AA batteries. How long does this thing last with that anemic power source? You would think, being black and decker and all, that they would have made it compatible with some of their cheapy rechargable battery packs.

But no, they use the same batteries as my wall clock. Maybe they thought nobody was actually going to USE this thing.

I also have to wonder if this thing can even clamp with very much pressure. You probably have to hand tighten the thing when that little motor stops pushing.

I think I can manage without it.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

If it fits on a brake caliper and has enough push to to flush the piston back, I'll buy one in a flash.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Well ... el perrito barks "NO" at that price.

Like a good little wooddorker, I fashioned my own out of one I already had.

Reply to
Swingman

"DonkeyHody" wrote

When I saw that electric tape measure, I howled and laughed at it. I ridiculed it. My lovley bride, in her own little world of woman logic, thought this was a good sign. So she bought me one for christmas.

I was dumbfounded. I asked her if she realized that this was a piece of fluff in a world of real tools. She said that she knew that I did not really need it. But since I reacted so strongly to the commercial, she though it would be "cute" is she got it for me!!

Whatever happened to gift certificates?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

And force all that dirty fluid back through the sensitive anti-lock braking motor? You better get one of these "in a flash" and suck that dirty fluid out:

'll also need one of these:
this little gadget works great and is a lot easier to manage than a c-clamp.
probably have the parts to make one sitting on your bench...

Reply to
RayV

And just why would the fluid be "dirty"?

Reply to
Doug Miller

I think that was the same year I got the laser level for hanging pictures. The laser line is straight as a string - and it works great . . . if you set it atop a real level so you don't have to depend on that microscopic little bubble they provided. Of course then you don't have a free hand to mark with anyway, so I leave the laser device on the shelf and use a level like I always did.

DonkeyHody "If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Funnily enough I posted last year on that very tape measure. I thought it was downright ridiculous. What did my admin at work get me that year? Yup. Still sitting in the garage in it's packaging. She'll probably get me one of their "Battery Powered" crescent wrenches this year.....I can't wait. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Brake fluid absorbs moisture and causes corrosion to the metal parts in the brake system. The oxidized material then breaks loose and becomes suspended in the fluid. These fine particals _may_ damage components especially anti-lock brake motors.

RayV

B&D for you...always looking to turn a tool into a gimmick. On saying that I have strugggled a couple of times when I wish I had 3 hands. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Wonderful. Now half the guys in the USA are going to have ONE clamp on Christmas morning which means that the next day they will have to go out and buy ANOTHER one so they have a functional pair. Nobody can have ONE clamp. It's not balanced!

FoggyTown

Reply to
FoggyTown