Anyone Tried This Saw Blade Storage System?

The one that's 25 bucks includes blades. If you want it without blades it's 6 bucks and shipping .

It's actually a pretty nice little case. I picked one up at Woodcraft a while back with a set of driver bits in it--I needed a set of driver bits and they had the dewalt with case on sale for less than Harbor Fright was asking for their equivalent so what they heck.

Promptly dropped it 20 feet off a scaffold and it didn't pop open or show any damage.

I gotta make one of those.

Reply to
J. Clarke

And, I might add, there's been enough real nice ideas/links to inspire anyone to make something out of some basic materials laying around. Pencil, paper, wood, saw. Make something for yourself instead of buying it.

RP

Reply to
RP

I have one of those cases that I use for screwdriver bits. I would think it would be pretty small for reciprocating blades, though. Most of my blades are pretty long.

I like the first one, built into a larger cabinet.

Reply to
krw

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If anyone read my original post closely, I was pretty specific. As usual, folks ignored what I asked and launched off on various tangents.

I didn't ask if there was another way to store blades. I am quite familiar with every other option mentioned in this thread. I've tried several of them in the past. What I asked was if anyone had any actual experience with the specific product in question, and could tell me if it was sturdy and if the recip blade storage was any good.

Next time (if I bother), I will try to be even more explicit is asking my questions. I will also endevour to list all of the unrelated things I do NOT need to hear about.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Geez, that would take half the fun out of usenet...

Reply to
Larry W

I did not see that... thanks for the correction. Actually not a bad deal with the blades.

Reply to
-MIKE-

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That might be a good idea. A file box or a file cabinet would provide divided storage for table saw blades. Add some cardboard or foam if you're concerned about the blades banging together.

My table saw storage box isn't much different.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Actually, I really liked the first picture in the WoodSmithShop article (laminated hardboard carriers in dados), except built into a drawer in the extension table (why waste all that floor space?).

Reply to
krw

I suggest that you don't bother.. Whining is really bothersome.. You're tiring..

Reply to
mac

Bingo.

Mac you wax so poetically.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

How nice. Well, Doug, since you are so pressed for time I won't bother to suggest just where you can stick those reciprocal saw blades. I'm sure many others here have resisted the temptation to tell you that also.

Reading through your responses it is clear that while you have more than enough time to waste both asking the original question, commenting on some of the other poster's suggestions and, now, complaining that we didn't give you exactly what it was you're looking for, you apparently do not have the time to pull a circular saw blade from one side of a carrier or another. What a shame.

I suggest that to do a Google search on "Psychic Saw Blade Holders" Perhaps you can find one which will read your mind as you walk (or stumble) to your shop and eject it out the top of the carrier as you enter. That should save you some time, right? Either that or, maybe you SHOULD just take a handful of reciprocal blades and shove them up...

Reply to
Dddudley

you have multiple table saws that you have to store somehow?

plans or pictures?

Reply to
chaniarts

Sure, it's a convenient way to store blades. They're always ready for use.

Reply to
krw

Wax on, wacks off?

Reply to
mac

Hai, Miyagisan.

-- Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it happens. -- Epictetus

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I was at Lowes yesterday and they had the Dewalt Tube thing I mentioned for $28. Well, the tube was free the blades were $28.

Yes, the angled slot one, that's the one I'd make.

Reply to
Jack Stein

The Dewalt tube thing-ee in 9.5 inches long, so while it is a really nice container, it won't work with 12" blades. If you have a Milwaukee Sawzall, the metal case has a place for the blades so you just throw them in the case.

The demo blades are pretty much all you need anyway, they cut through about everything, except concrete:-(.

Reply to
Jack Stein