Anyone in the UK able to make a handle?

Hi,

I have a wood burner for heating my house. This has two doors on it. The handle for the doors is made of wood - metal would conduct too much heat. The problem is over time this wood basically burns away, so I need another handle.

Is there anyone that could make one in oak or other wood that is expected to have a reasonable life at high temperature? I'll dig out the exact dimensions if anyone is interested. But it needs to be about 150 mm long, about 15 mm in diamater with a hole up the center about 6 mm diameter and a bit of a taper + shaping on the outside. Not too bothered exactly what in that case - just so it looks reasonable.

I realise that a ceramic would be a better choice of material, but I'd like to keep it wood, despite the fact I know it will always burn away in time.

Drop me an email off line if interested and let me know the price for making say 3 of them. That should last me at least a decade.

Hitting reply to my email address should work, despite the fact the "From" is invalid.

Reply to
Dave

Hello Dave. As a woodworker with a stove i use old bucket handles, time is money.

Reply to
Dzine

I'll look at that, although I doubt it is too time-consuming (hence expensive) with the right tools.

Reply to
Dave